Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's A New Year!

Hi everyone and happy new year. I've gotten lazy with my blogging but, hopefully, now I can contribute my words a little more often. My fall has been busy with kids and school and writing. I've published a new book, again with Smashwords. It's called Wind and I hope that whoever reads it enjoys it. I started to think about what would happen if there were another world that existed beneath ours and in another dimension of course. What if it was exactly like ours except void of any modern technology? There would be no warm houses, no running water and it would be populated by people who have disappeared from their lives throughout time. Now, what if a teenager from the highly technical lifestyle we live in today was to join this world? Would she be able to cope without her cell phone, her computer or her ipod? That's the premise of Wind. It's the first in a series and I'm working on the next one right now.

I had some sad news over the past few weeks. My grandmother died at the age of 102 and, even though she lived a long and full life, I'm going to miss her. My mom came to stay with me over the Christmas holidays and I could tell that she misses her mother very much. She was very lucky to have her mother so long but sometimes I think it made it harder to let go.

My dog, Sheba, has hip dysplasia and is having a hard time walking around. She's only two and my husband is devestated. I've never seen him love an animal so much. They do everything together and now it's getting harder and harder to take her for her daily walks. They now go two or three times a week, that's it. We have her on supplements and special food and medicine. She's a very loving dog and never complains about anything. Her spirit is good and she gives lots of hugs to everyone.

I've had lots of happy things happen as well. My kids are still great as ever. Kayla played her flute so expertly in the Christmas pageant, Rebekah continues to get top grades at school, and Rachel has had her art accepted at an Art Show. She will have three paintings showing at Mount Royal University's HeARTvark event in February.

1 comment: