Saturday, May 5, 2012

Yayy!! 1000 pageviews!!! Thank you everyone for tuning into my blog and helping me reach 1000 pageviews. It's fun to write about things I like and I'm glad that others enjoy it too.

I'm not the type of person that shares my life very easily. In fact, I'm a bit of a recluse (when I was younger they called it being shy). You see, when I was in school, I wasn't bullied, oh no, much worse. I was ignored. It was like I didn't even exist and I grew to like that feeling and never tried to step out of my comfortable little cocoon I had spun. So, when all this social media buzz started, I was very reluctant to get involved. Then I wrote a book and not only did I write it, but I also published it myself. This meant that I had to promote it myself if I wanted anyone else out there to read it. I couldn't afford to spend any money on advertising so I had to get out there via the internet. (My heart falls on the floor and I have to crawl down and get it.) I had to, oh my God, get a twitter account, join Goodreads and Book Blogs. I had to write emails to bloggers and ask if they wanted to review my book (Thanks to those that did. Bloggers are so dedicated.) and I had to start a blog of my own and hope someone out there would actually read it.

I'm amazed, now, when I look at my stats and see where viewers are coming from. I thought my relatives would be the only ones to tune in but I actually have people in Russia that visit here and Germany. There's been a couple of hits from the UK and Muldova. South America's been represented too by a couple of viewers in Brazil and Chile and I have both Canadian and American viewers. This is pretty cool! I'm starting to like this social media thing. I'm always checking my twitter, I still don't tweet very much (that sounds weird) but I'm learning. My book hasn't sold thousands and thousands of copies but I'm working on promoting it. I'm still writing and have another book finished. I created a Pinterest account yesterday  http://pinterest.com/pixangel/ and am having fun posting pictures of the things I love most. I still get butterflies in my stomach when I put something about myself out there but I'm doing it. I'm just happy that someone out there appreciates it. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment