Sunday, December 11, 2011

Am I Supid?

You know, when I was in school there were teachers that made me feel dumb and, on occasion, my father questioned my sensibility. But no one has ever made me feel so inadequate as my teenage daughters. Did you know that I know nothing? When I try to give advice about things I actually may have inside information on, they just roll their eyes, cross their arms and wait for me to be done so they can open their mouths with their wisdom like it was handed down from the mount. Apparently I don't even know how to open a can of ravioli properly.

I love my kids and I do feel they're special human beings but I can't wait until they get married and have children of their own. That's what my mom used to hope for us. It wasn't until I had three lovely balls of energy zinging around my house that I truly appreciated all the things my parents did for me. But, really, teenage girls! What evil thing did I do to deserve this?

It's Sunday morning and all are still sleeping. Ahhh, there is peace on earth and me and the dogs are enjoying it....for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment